Wednesday, May 27, 2009

FINALLY


We have a definite place to stay. The previous apartment was great- however they wanted $800 wired to them for the deposit. While I think this may just be how business is done down there, nobody on this side of the equator was comfortable with that idea... so we're going with an apartment that we can pay for via PayPal. We're actually going to have to move apartments on June 11 due to availability issues- but both places look great, were very reasonably priced, and the owner is going to help us move.

Here are the links to the places:
http://mseg.info/salazar_902/
http://mseg.info/grimaldo/

We're pretty happy. And it's in a great location in Miraflores- and it will minimize the amount of walking from the grocery store to the apt (because our appetites will likely outweigh our arm strength).

I got my Hep A and TDAP (tetanus) shots today at the Health Dept office. That was an experience. The shots were fine, however about 10 seconds after the TDAP my arm began to feel on fire, and hasn't really stopped since. I had to think for a long time which arm is better to lose use of- I check people out all day at work with my left arm, but who wants to sacrifice ol' righty? So the left it was. Jason got this last year and was in pain for days. My friend Ida was in the same boat last week. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I did run 8 miles with Jessica this afternoon which I thought would help, but turns out bringing my huge water bottle actually caused me to keep my arm entirely still for the whole run (tucked water bottle between arm and body like a football). Genius.

Today was my first day off work of the last 8 days. I work Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, and Mon of this week. I'm getting slightly exhausted... hopefully the next few days fly by. I'm happy, though, because this trip is DEFINITELY well earned (after this entire school year, especially the spring semester, and now the last couple of weeks).

Time for bed I guess. This time next week we'll be in Lima!

No comments:

Post a Comment