Friday, May 22, 2009

no news is bad news

Still waiting on an apartment. The beach one we loved doesn't have internet or cable. While I am fine being without internet and TV for that long... if I have any hopes of being productive for school (or blogging! duh), I think it'd be really nice to have that kind of thing available at home. Sooo we're still very frustrated, trying to find a place to stay.

On the bright side, I got my typhoid and yellow fever immunizations today. I now can't move my arm. Oh well, I guess it was worth the $220 to be temporarily paralyzed? Right. I'm just a TDAP/Hep A away from being disease-free in Peru (minus traveler's diarrhea... can't wait for that one).

I also am staying in a SUPER nice hostel/3 star hotel in Aguas Calientes now. The room I'm in is worth $75, but I told them I am poor and can't pay that much, so we cut a deal. So I'm very happy. It's called Gringo Bill's in case anyone is wondering. I'm still waiting on Expedia to confirm my flights before I buy my train ticket... this is getting annoying. I will NOT be happy if I have to pay a million dollars on the "Hiram Bickham" luxury train to get to M.P. just because stupid Expedia can't get their stuff together. I will be quite relieved when that all gets sorted out (oh, and when I find a place to stay in Cusco- that's next on the to-do list).

That is all for now. Paz :)

1 comment:

  1. EXPEDIA is a scam. Source: http://www.expedianews.com.

    ReplyDelete