Wednesday, June 17, 2009

aguas calientes

I´m in Machu Picchu Pueblo. I think the town is very cute - it´s super touristy, but that is almost a nice break from the "city-ness" of Lima. I can maybe buy some souvenoirs afterall! (despite the fact I have very little money left... yikes).

I feel somewhat better today, very bruised and not 100% (my knee and foot hurt, which ought to make hiking even more fun tomorrow). I'm really only battling the altitude now. I haven't been able to eat because I'm just not hungry, so I'm drinking Gatorades to try to stay hydrated and get some sugar in me. I am undecided if I want to hike Wayna Picchu. I really, really do... but with my luck and fear of heights, I dread something horrible happening. I'm going to get some local's opinions on what to do, and then we'll see what I do.

I think I'm just going to take today easy. I wanted to do some hiking around A.G, but MAN you get winded fast here. Last thing I want is to wear myself out so that tomorrow is miserable. I'm getting up at like 5am to get ready, grab breakfast (hopefully), and get on the bus. I just tried to buy an entry pass with my international student ID from Spain (which expired in 2006), and they called me out on it. I'll try one more time later, then just buck up and pay. Buying the card costs as much as I would save, so that is why I didn't.

Alright- the internet cafe isn't getting any cheaper, so I'm going to do some meandering around this tiny town. Hope everyone is well... keep me in your thoughts that tomorrow goes safely (an abnormal request probably, but necessary considering all the stuff that has happened so far). Ciao.

2 comments:

  1. You're going to be fine and it's going to be an amazing adventure! have fun and quit stressing out! (My words of wisdom for the day. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you made it there and i hope you have fun tomorrow! im with renee...you are going to be fine...just have fun (and take pics!) miss you!

    ReplyDelete