Sunday, June 28, 2009

For World Market...

To my World Market friends... most of you know I brought the "Guess where this place is" photo to Peru. The picture for May 29th [or so] was, of course, at Machu Picchu, so I was quite excited to bring it with me and snap a shot of me endorsing World Market at one of the most famous places in the world (it isn't lame- it's dedication).

Well, long story short- I brought that dang picture with me from Fort Worth to Flower Mound, then from Flower Mound to Miami, then Miami to Lima, Lima to Cusco, Cusco to Aguas Calientes (the town outside MP)... and the story stops there. The morning I was getting all of my stuff together to visit Machu Picchu, I had requested a wake-up call from my hotel. Well, they called me 8 minutes late, which at 5am makes quite a large difference in whether you get to see the sunrise or not (and it's not like I'm at Machu Picchu every other day...). So, I was furious at the hotel, and in my hurry to get ready- I left the dang picture with some other important papers in my hotel room. As I was on the bus at 6:15am to get to Machu Picchu, I realized my mistake.. and I even considered paying $14 to turn around and get it- but missing the sunrise and dealing with hoards of tourists at later hours just didn't seem worth it. So, I can only [sadly] offer the following photo. I know it just isn't the same- but this is in my hotel in Aguas Calientes, next to a map of Machu Picchu... I hope my mistake is forgivable and I still have a job on Tuesday ;) I did the best I can! I guess this just means I'll have to go back and make you guys proud some other day...

No comments:

Post a Comment