Sunday, June 21, 2009

in Arequipa

I survived the bus ride... though I had my doubts during. I'm at my hostel now, for 10 bucks I have my own room and bathroom. For 6 I couldve had a shared room, so I am honestly kind of sad about spending the extra 4 dollars... but I think I'll get over it (I've been pinching pennies for so long, it's hard to rationalize any extra expenditures!!). They have the world's deepest canyon here, but I dont have enough time to go. There is a really nice monastery apparently, so I'm going to go visit that and get some lunch and see the town. I have a bus to Puno in the morning at 8am and will have half a day there, then Lake Titicaca on Weds all day and probably again Thursday morning (apparently there isn't much to do in Puno, but there are lots of islands on the lake!). And then I leave Weds at 3pm to come back to Arequipa, then leave Arequipa at 930pm to Lima, get in around 1pm on Thursday. Then Jason and I have our last night together in Lima :( I am pretty sad about leaving him to come here, but he has so much work at the hospital (he had to go in yesterday and today), that I would definitely be bored and go crazy stuck in the apartment all day. I just wish I'd planned better so I could've flown and not spent almost 2 whole days in transit. Oh well, nothing I can do now. Better get off my butt and start exploring! adios...

No comments:

Post a Comment