Saturday, June 20, 2009

To Arequipa I go...

I got everything sorted out, and have a NINETEEN hour bus ride ahead of me tonight. ugh ugh ugh. Not fun. But it was only 30 dollars, and the flights were near $400 because I just decided to go (of course). The bonuses: free "hotel" night, free meals, and lots of movies ahead of me. There is also Internet on the bus- so I am bringing my laptop, but there is no way to charge computers (go figure). So I will have about 3 hours of fun spread out throughout the journey. I don't have a hostel booked in Arequipa yet- I've emailed quite a few with no response. I have a list of ones I like though, so when I get to Arequipa I'm just going to tell the taxi to take me there and hope they have a bed I can use. I'll be able to book in Puno from there, hopefully.

This is definitely going to be another adventure. I hate that I can't charge my computer on the bus- I would be a LOT more productive with my planning if I could. But I guess at this point I can at least catch up on the blog or something. Time for me to get packing so I can head to the bus station in an hour. Adios for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment