Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sunny Day

It is actually BRIGHT outside... I am slightly confused haha. I guess I need to head to the coast so I can see more than 200m out in the ocean.

Last night Jason and I went back to Shehadi - a restaurant at Parque Kennedy we went to on Sunday. We wanted Peruvian food, and it is hard to find decent priced Peruvian food here (go figure)... my opinion is that there is the authentic stuff that costs like 50 cents for a huge plate, but we'll be sick to our stomachs, or there is "fancy" Peruvian food that is very expensive (like Abbacus or something). So since we found a great place in the middle (who also gave us a coupon for 50% off first two drinks), why not go back? Poor Jason actually got dropped off by a taxi in Parque Kennedy and tried to walk back, which explains why he got here so late... but we never let walking 30 min get in our way of food, so we headed back. On our way we found some other awesome nice restaurants... one Peruvian and one Spanish. I want to go get some tapas soon, dang it! They were just a little pricey for what we had in mind for last night.

At dinner, I met up with my new best friend, Mr. Pisco Sour. I think I'm addicted... it's probably just like a fancy margarita, but still. They are gooood. We both got the traditional "Lomo saltado" - which is meat and onions and tomatoes kind of stewed with some spices. I got tacu tacu again (rice and beans) and Jason got rice and fancy looking french fries haha. But they were awesome. We got a teddy bear for 10 soles (3 bucks) "because we ordered 2 pisco sours"- I don't care the reason, I love him! haha He says "Lima Peru" on it, so that's fine with me. We walked back after dinner, stopped for essential groceries on the way back (water, diet coke, vanilla ice cream.. duh), then watched some TV.

Whenever we asked Dr. Montes where we should go during our time in Lima, he mentioned the Nasca Lines and Ballesta Islands. SOOOO we're going this weekend! We had to drop a large chunk o change to reserve a tour, but we leave at 7am Saturday to go to Paracas and the Nasca Lines, then we have a flight over the lines to look at all of them, then we spend the night in Paracas, then early on Sunday we take a boat out to the Ballestas to look at tons of sea lions, birds, etc. I think it's going to be a great little trip- Jason is going to be sooo excited to see the Nasca Lines, and I think it's pretty cool, too.

I guess it is time for me to go soak up the sun. We have water again!!! so that is good. Hopefully more exciting stories to tell later tonight...





























































1 comment: