Thursday, June 18, 2009

I didn't fall off!!!

I'm back from Machu Picchu... I'm basically a changed woman (changed how? well I'll probably just be more bitter to not be in Peru for a long time now). It was absolutely amazing though, and even though I spent my entire time there just at the ruins themselves and not on hikes (to the Gateway of the Sun or the Inca Bridge), I still could've soaked them up for many more hours.

Right now I'm back in Cusco, though, and once again have succombed to the altitude. About 30 sec after getting off the train my head started hurting, and I asked my cab driver if Cusco is higher than MP, and of course - it is. I did manage to eat my first meal since Tuesday morning, however about halfway through I felt insanely full and gave up. The point being- my head is throbbing and I'm too tired to give justice to how great the trip was, so I just will tomorrow when back in Lima and when I can also post pictures.

Buenas noches.

1 comment:

  1. im sooooooo glad you didn't fall off ;-) and also glad you had such a great time! excited for pics and to hear all about it!

    i will water your plants tomorrow...i promise. :-/

    ceci

    ReplyDelete