Saturday, June 6, 2009

sabado flojo

I am booooreed. Okay- that will be the extent of my complaining, but I've been waiting on a gas man to bring a new tank of gas for our oven/stove for FOUR hours. I have a pretty good feeling he never got called like our landlady said he would. You see- we are fortunate enough to have a stove, but it is definitely old-school, powered by the portable gas tank next to it. There isn't a pilot light- which is totally fine, but something good to be aware of (which we weren't when I turned on the oven to make the first batch of muffin cookies). We definitely thought we were going to blow ourselves up the first time we had to figure out how to light the oven. We finally figured it out, but in the middle of baking last night I noticed there was no flame, and thus- our tank was empty.

I just want the dude to get here so I can go running or SOMETHING. Jason had to work this morning, and was supposed to be done at noon, but naturally things started late (hello, Latin America)- and he just now got off work. We wanted to go check out some ruins- hopefully we can do that tomorrow.

In my boredom I ended up cleaning the whole apartment. I am NOT a cleaner- especially on vacation, so this speaks volumes as to how crazy I'm going haha. I also downed 2 pots of Peruvian coffee, so my brain is almost up to 100% functioning.

As soon as Jason gets back I'm going to do some form of working out. It's really hard to run in the city here- there are no emissions standards for cars, so I think I'm actually doing more harm for my body than good. We live on the 9th floor here- so I might just go run up and down the stairs 10 times and call it a day. Jason and I had a push-up contest last night. Each one I did counted as 10 of his... and of course he still beat me by 1 (granted, I had already been doing push-ups for 10 minutes... so I'm thinking re-match tonight).

Any suggestions for what we should dooo this afternoon? We still haven't eaten out- we've looked around but it's hard to just pick a place not knowing anything about it.

Landlord just called- gas tank should be on it's way. wooooo. I'll go be crazy somewhere else now :) ciao.

1 comment:

  1. you're so funny. glad you finally got the call you were waiting for! life is crazy here...pops is not doing so well. i miss you and even if we dont talk...i have figured out that there is comfort in just pulling up to your car in the driveway.

    ReplyDelete