Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Arequipa: Round II *ding ding*

I am in Arequipa. Got here at 430am, and Yakeline (the girl traveling with me) and I sat in the bus station till about 8am. There were tons of people because, well, I guess there just always are.

We got breakfast and have been sitting in the Plaza de Armas for a few hours now. I don't know if I'm going to go to a museum or just hang out the rest of the day. She's offered to stay with me until I leave; her sister lives her but isn't answering her phone, so we're kinda stuck together anyways. We're having a great time watching me embarrass myself speaking Spanish, so all is well.

My bus from Puno to Arequipa DID get canceled, so thank the many, many lucky stars I have that I found out about this last night and not today at 2:30pm at the bus station. I changed my bus to Lima so that I leave here at 5pm instead of 9am, that way I'll get into Lima earlier to do some sight-seeing, shower, or sleep in a bed for the first time in 72 hours.

Everything is fine now- please don't worry. The bus was nicer than we expected, and Yakeline has been very helpful. I couldn't refund my ticket on Cruz del Sur, so I just gave her the credit to use in the future. I'm very thankful to have such nice people around me, I only wish we could communicate better :)

That's all for now, will update tomorrow morning when I get to Lima. Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. You are soooooo lucky to find out about the strike beforehand! Can you even imagine?!?!?! Always an adventure!

    ReplyDelete